Amy B. Seltzer is the Managing Partner/Founder of Seltzer Financial Strategies, LLC located in Altoona, PA. Seltzer Financial Strategies, LLC, founded in 2004, is an Independent Wealth Management firm specializing in the management of complex financial and risk management needs for individuals, families, and institutions. Throughout her professional career, Amy has been a change agent known for adding value, using her tenacious problem-solving skills, precise analytical thinking and clear communications, and team leadership. All of these have served to build lasting relationships with her clients.
Prior to starting Seltzer Financial Strategies, LLC, Amy was co-founder of the wealth management firm, Equity Concept North and served as CFO of Modern Communications/Personal Communications, her family’s communications business which was expanded into five states and was one of the last privately-owned paging companies sold.
Amy has been hugely successful in an industry that is dominated by men and in the process, has helped many women gain financial security and confidence. A consummate financial services professional, Amy holds the following Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Licenses: Series 6,7,63, and 65 and is licensed in 22 states.
Amy’s professional affiliations include:
- Being the first woman in 101 years to serve on the Layfayette Life Insurance Company’s Field Advisory Committee, of which she also served as Chairperson in 2010
- Member, Cambridge Investment Research Premier Club
- Founding member of WE-LEaD (Women Encouraging Leadership, Education and Development) Blair County Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member of Campaign Council Penn State Altoona
- Past Member of Enactus Penn State Altoona
- Board of Trustees at Mount Aloysius College
- One of the original Advisory Board members to the Home Nursing Agency’s Healing Patch Grief Program
- Past President of the Altoona Area School District Foundation
- Member of the Penn State Altoona Campaign Council
- Member of Enactus, Penn State Altoona Business Advisory Board
Amy has received numerous professional awards. They include:
- Named as one of the Top 100 People in Central PA in 2008, 2015, and 2017
- Recognized as one of the Best 50 Women in Business in Pennsylvania
- Young Emerging Business Award
- Saint Francis University Women in Business Advocate of the Year
- The Blair County Chamber of Commerce Athena Award
- Seltzer Financial Strategies named as one of the top 100 businesses in Central PA
- Named as one of the “Women Making A Difference” in Central PA in 2013, 2015 and 2017
- Named in “Women Owned Business to Follow” in 2016 and 2017
In addition, Amy has supported many community and charitable organizations focused on helping children and families in need, the arts, and local athletic teams.
Amy is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University. She resides in Altoona, PA and enjoys spending time with her children and five grandchildren.